• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Documentation Question

Stacey Roberts

As a new coder my biggest issue has always been pulling the correct information from medical record and knowing what needs to be coded. How do you know when you have all the codes you need? Would love to see this addressed in the webinar tonight or in the future. Thank you!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Stacey - Have you considered our Medical Coding Practicum Course with Practicode? We have weekly classes where we go over cases and how to abstract what you need to code.
Medical Coding Practicum Course with Practicode - http://cco.pe/1k0DxgU

Becki Woodhams

CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
Laureen,
I purchased the Practicode this past week. How can I access the weekly class and when is it held?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Will this help get the A remove like the one in AAPC?
No Carolyn, only AAPC can authorize the A to be removed, and they haven't authorized our version of Practicode for the "A" removal. CCO's version is great for building up expertise in a specialty and has other advantages. See this video.

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Oh this kind of makes me mad I feel like all my promotion worked too well AAPC realized what a good thing this was but not until CCO teamed up with Practicode did they even take notice. I am glad CCO still offers it & at a comparable price that includes way more at least, but I feel people will only want it to remove the A now instead of the real reason it was created for practice to improve & prove a coders proficiency in all specialties. I am glad it will make it more credible now because of AAPC for it to be included in school curriculums though because new coders really need that.